Treatments for plantar fasciitis take several forms and the most important of these are described in the article below. One of the most unusual forms of stretching exercise is described in the video that follows the article, which shows how those who experience severe plantar fasciitis symptoms can ameliorate plantar fasciitis pain with a simple golf ball. Interesting stuff!
Best Treatment For Plantar Fasciitis
By Jason R Reynolds
The best treatment for plantar fasciitis is to treat the root cause of the problem. Plantar fasciitis is a very painful condition of the feet that results in inflammation and discomfort. Because of Plantar Fasciitis one is unable to walk for long distances or hours, or stand continuously for a few hours if required. One experiences inflammation and discomfort to the feet when the pressure gets increased on the feet, due to walking or standing. There are some of the best treatments suggested to treat plantar fasciitis easily and quickly. Let’s take a look at some of these treatment or remedies to control the pain:
• Wearing foot orthotics supports the arches and controls over pronation. They release the tension developed on the plantar fascia, thus the cause of the problem gets treated. Use a soft shock absorbing heel pad. This will reduce the effect on the painful heel, offering you extra comfort and relief.
• Massage with ice thrice a day. You can also freeze a small water bottle and then roll it around the heel and arch of the foot. This will not only massage your feet but also offer a stretching effect and a cooling sensation.
• Strengthening and stretching exercises helps your ligaments become flexible and it strengthens your muscles supporting the arch. This gradually decreases the stress on your ligaments.
• You can use shoe inserts or heel pads, as well. Doctors generally suggest shoes having wide and soft heels with a rigid sole. Such shoes give more comfort and protection.
• You can apply wraps to the affected area. This is very effective in case of acute pain and during sports activities. Daily application of wraps in the early stages helps to alleviate the pain.
• Night splints help to keep your feet extended at night to the ankle level. Thus, the plantar fascia can be stretched comfortably during sleep at night.
• In severe cases, a short walking cast is recommended for about 3-5 weeks to relieve the pain.
• There are also oral anti-inflammatory medications that may offer great relief to you. Local anesthetics and corticosteroids injections are very useful in severe cases, but they should be administered by a physician who is skilled and experienced in using this technique.
Recent studies indicate that the successive long term treatment of plantar fasciitis is a combination of both, wearing orthotic insoles and daily exercises. Orthotics has helped a number of people suffering from plantar fasciitis in alleviating their aching feet. Simple daily exercises performed regularly also assist highly in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Exercises are generally recommended the first thing in the morning and again twice or thrice throughout the day. However, do not do them all at once; begin them gradually at your comforts space.
http://www.footcareexperts.com – affordable reliable products.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jason_R_Reynolds
More about plantar fasciitis exercises.